pictures in this blog

Please click on pics to see full image. Some just can't fit in the space provided cause they are too sweet!

LUKE @ 6 years old

LUKE @ 6 years old

Friday, March 5, 2010

FRIDAY MARCH 5 ROSARITO TO PISMO BEACH 385miles

I am getting antsy. So, I got up early, 6:00 and loaded my bike. Made a pot of coffee and posted some blogs. Dave and I parted ways in Rosarito. I think he was headed to L.A. I was gonna get to my sister's place in Pismo Beach. About a six hour ride.

I took off and made my way to Tijuana. Traffic was a early morning nightmare. Maybe I should have went to Tecate. I've heard there is less traffic. Anyway I bobbed and weaved my way through the stopped cars, waving and smiling to everyone. I was passed by a couple of other bikers. They did not have 3 feet of gear stidking out from their bikes. I made my way to the border pretty smooth. Once I got into the wrong lanes and had to weave through some jersey barriers to get to the right place. The whole thing didn't take more than a half hour. The border gaurds name that checked me out was Ahmed. Really thick middle east accent. Hard to understand when I have my earphones in. After He didn't find anything wrong with me, I made my way to Chula Vista. I wanted to gas up with REAL gas and find a motorcycle shop to get some oil. Pretty sweet that the gas station I picked was a half mile from a huge dealer who carried almost every bike known to man. Real nice guys at South Bay Motorsports. I got lots of high fives and back slaps.

I left there and headed to Encinitas on the coast. My sister told me about a cafe called Swamies. Really good food. Had an omelete with bacon, avacado, cheese and cashews, and a well done, crispy pancake, just how I like it.


Then it was time to burn up some miles. I rode around L.A. to the east, avoiding the smog and traffic. Pretty nice scenery under the snowcovered mountains.
I stopped for gas and was shocked that I had gone 220 miles and didn't even switch to the reserve. Put in 4.5gallons so thats like 50mpgs!!! finally back to normal. Although the flat, boring, high speed freeways probably help. I think I would sacrifice mpgs for a fun road anyday.

Pulled into my sister's place at 4:00 and changed my oil and adjusted my chain. Repacked everything and did a once over on the bike. It might not happed but I am shooting for getting home Sunday. It looks like a good weather day all the way. that will be nice. Monday the temps drop and a chance of rain. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment