Friday, February 26, 2010

CORAL BAJA. Too much Fun.

well, not all fun... so first off, I'm an IDIOT. Apparently, with plenty of planning and forethought the plan falls through.

So.

I spent all Monday planning my wifes arrival. Room on the upper corner of the building. Flowers delivered before arrival. Pimp rental car, Dodge Avenger.lol. Dinner reservations at a really nice place. Fridge stocked and everybody on alert.

So. She comes in at 2:31 on an U.S.Airlines flight from L.A.

I spend most of the day from 10:30 on geting things in order and getting to the airport.

Welcome boquoet of flowers and clean clothes otta make a good impression.

We are going on 13 Years of marriage, happy as ever.

Of course she knows me too well, so some stipulations are in order:
1. Be there to meet her at the arrival gate.
2. Be on time.
3. Be there.
4. Be there on time to meet her when she arrives at the correct terminal.
5. Be dead if the first four things don't happen.



Well. I am a train wreck when it comes to planning things. Especially when they are important.

So here is what happened...

I spent most of Monday planning... Actually went to the airport on my bike to check out the terminal and car rental place. Checked the car reservation and everything is in order.

Went shopping and got her favorites for the fridge. Early to bed.

Tuesday went like so....

Woke up at normal time. Before sunrise. Watched the sun come up. feeling great.
Packed up my stuff ready for the room move.
Left early and went into San Jose del Cabo for breakfast and to look around. Had a great meal of Chorizo con Huevos and did some looking around town.
Walked to my new favorite store, Soriano. Kinday like a mexican Wal-mart.
Bought some fruit and some water and then looked for the bus.
Caught the local bus and headed to the airport.
Got dropped off at 12:30, checked in at Europecar Rental. They told me the car was ready and waiting so I walked across the street and into the terminal.

Now, I had some time to kill, so I ordered a beer and some water for the flowers I had brought. I had my Droid, so I set some new high scores on the Gems game. Then ordered another beer. Gettin close now and the arrival board says the flight is early. I get stoked, and can't stop smiling.

I move closer to the sliding door and peek through a tear in the foggy tint, maybe I can see her coming.

The plane has landed early the reader board says, and now I'm really anxious. Pop a piece of gum and ditch the beer bottle. Fluff the flowers and check my reflection in the window. Couldn't be better.

I am ready.





My phone rings.

It's my Wife... Where are you? she says. WHAT? I say. Where are You? I respond. She says she's at the arrival terminal by the taxis! and where am I??? I say, I am also by the the arrival terminal and that I haven't see her yet!.

I said I'll look around and see if she's around the other side.

NOPE!!! Nowhare to be found and my phone will not call her cell. So I wait calmly for her next call...

So while I am running around looking for her, she calls and say she again that she is at the terminal.
So I go out and che my bearings. Off in the distanced to the south I can make out another building that looks like the one I am standing outside of. UH OH!!!
I suddenly am looking for any rock big enough to climb under or kill my self with.

Here I am on a "Trip of a Lifetime" and I can't manage to get somebody at the airport. And that person is the most important person in my life. What am I? Who am I?

Well I am FREAKED!!! She calls again and I pick up... Yep she is defanitly at the other terminal and I am 1000 Yards away... So I tell her I will get the car at the rental place and come get her... ten minutes tops... Yeah if it was only that easy.

So, the car was not ready and the paper work was not in order. Really,it would have been fine if the other major problem wasn't happening. That being, No wife for three weeks and I can't manage to find her at the smallest airport I have ever been too. They want a credit card to put a hold on for the car and of course my credit card, I can't find. Anywhere. So I tell the hombres at the rental place uno momento and run as fast as I can toward the other terminal. Knowing my wife has a card that will work. This takes me about an hour to run a 1000 yards. I see my wife in the distance and run towards her. We have talked acouple of times on the phone and I am really not doing well. Almost in tears I explain myself, but i falls on deaf ears. No surprise there. I am a fool for planning something that is so fragile that I would ruin it.
Well, we walk back to the rental place and wait out turn. Turns out thr car rental place is also a hotbed of Satan worshiping time-share sharks. They were offering coupons for 150bucks off the car rental to attend their "90minute" thingy.

I didn't really need that at all. My wife who REALLY didn't need that at all.
I just wanted my car and to get to the condo.

That was a struggle. Basicly EXPEDIA.com just reserves you a car and sells you a useless incurance policy. Which leaves the rental place there to sell you a bunch of incurance you don't need. And explain in broken english how you are on the hook for the car if it get scratched. Yeah right! Have fun getting me to pay for a rental car repair.

Well. The cheap car($22/day)I reserved, they were out of so we got upgraded. Boo Hoo! Pile of crap car or a newer Dodge pile of crap. Whatever. Just get me outta here. We get loaded and on our way in a wierd silence.


As I am putting my lisence away I see the Credit Card the place needed to let me rent the car. I am very quite. Sick to my stomach. This passes and life goes on...


Man, did I jack this up or what!!??!!?? The highlight of my trip and it goes down the toilet.



Fast forward two days...


Could't be better. After a couple of hours of complete didsorder and Typical LUKE stuff, we are fine. Of course, my wife is very understanding!!! And Forgiving!!! And everything is AWESOME!!!

We did a day trip on Thursday and hit some really nice beaches. Wondering why we are not living on them most ofthe time.

Spent some time at the condo, at the pool and beach. Also Had a great dinner Tuesday night. So far so good. Don't want to see it end.



later Luke...

1 comment:

  1. Luke, you said you'd be on time, guess you were, just the wrong terminal. Sounds like she's pretty forgiving, boy are you lucky. Hey she let you ride your bike to Baja, it doesn't get better than that!!

    Mike & Chelle - Romans Bistro, El Socorro

    ReplyDelete