Sunday, February 21, 2010

DAY 20-Made it to Cabo! Dirt Track Baby!!!

What a great day! Had a restful nights sleep, great morning coffee and an eggs burrito.Morning sun on the bike.
Packed up, got some email addresses from my fellow La Ventana free Arroyo campers and hit the road. My plan for the day was to camp before Cabo along the East Cape. Plans change as you will soon read. Well, the boys in the camp told me that my bike was not worthy of the dirt road along the coast. Boy were they wrong. But first I had some great twisty roads for about fifty miles up and over a small mountian. Lots of people out on their bikes and cars. I guess thats what they do on Sunday. I passed about 150 motorcyclist in a few different areas. They were stopped for lunch or coming by me going the other direction. Lots of waving and thumbs-up. Went through some smallish towns and over lots of Topes. What is a topes? ha ha Anyways, I stopped in a small market to get some more water and some food. Then I was off down the coastal dirt track. Right off I thought about turning around. The things the guys from the camp said were ringing in my ears. But I pressed on. I rode to Cabo Pulmo, a great dive spot, but it was too windy to camp. Cabo Pulmo
So I pressed on further south. Not many travellers on this stretch of road. Came up on a sandy track that led to a beach. I said what the heck and went for it. I got down a ways and started thinking about letting some air out of the tires. So I pulled over and dropped them down to 20psi in the back and 15psi in the front. WOW! what a difference! Shoulda done that to begin with. Much better. Now I can really cruise.


Most of the 100 miles I was whooping and laughing aloud. But really had to stay focused. the scenery was awsome, and I stopped many times to gawk and take pictures.

I took a couple of videos while riding,
that was challenging, riding one handed with a 250 dollar phone in the other, trying to hold her steady and keep it on the road. I soon had pavement in my sights and pulled over to air up the tires. I also had cell service so I called my wife. She said that I should check availability at our condo, so I did and booked a studio for two nights, fifty bones/night!!!. Way better than a windy night on a secluded beach on the Sea of Cortez. So into San Jose del Cabo I went.

The resort is pimping and the staff are very helpful. It's right on the beach and has a bunch of pools. Should be pretty fun!

BURRO!!! pretty cute from a distance, even better when not on the road. End of the dirt! What a BLAST!!! Airing up the tires. 42psi Rear/33psi front.

later luke

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're having a great ride, Keep smilin! Mike & Chelle - El Socorro, BCN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a very good article and pictures are so cool i like it so much. thanks for sharing it.

    Motorcycle Clothing

    ReplyDelete