Thursday, February 11, 2010

DAY 10-Rosarito beach to El Socorro


TWow. I am here. Doing it. Left the condo in perfect weather and road thru to Ensanada, had tacos there, great as usual. Then road a while to san quintin. Pulled of the road to check the map. Yep I'm still in mexico. When I took off I laid the bike over in the soft sandy shoulder. By the time I got my helmet off some guys had pulled over to help. Wich saveb me from having to take my gear off. I was up and on the road in no time. What was crazy was the road had a fork in it and my inclination is to go to the right. The guys said that that way was "no bueno". So maybe its was good to have laid the bike down. I was only going to ride another 20 klicks south and find a place to camp. I pulled over at the first place with a good shoulder and was checkin out my bike and waving back at people waving atme as they drove by. I heard somebody ask how far I was going, I. Looked around but saw no one. Thinking it was the wind I then saw am man stooped down doing some work next to a nice looking restaurant. I walked over to him and talked about ridin thrugh baja. His name is Mike and is a great guy. Road the baja last october on a harley v-rod. Somerhing he's wanted o do since he was 18. He and his wife Shelly are trying to get this cute place called romans bistro started. It has greta food, a real espresso and wifi. They invited me in and we hung out all afternoon. Mike had gone out crabbing and had brought home a five gallon bucket of legs and claws, dungeness, I think. Shelly whipped up some luios dressing and made a chorizo pizza for a man named fernando and we all ated a great meal. Fernando has been in this little town all of his life and has fished and dived for 30years. I'm hoping to go out with them tommorow, help pull crab traps and mybe fish a bit for red snapper. We talked until almost ten and they let m stay inside for the night, right net to my bike!!! I'm so stoked, mike got a lot of suggestions for my trip south. I hope dave will ba able to stop here and check this place out. Pics below are from today.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a great time....I'm jealous of all that crab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Nice people and good food. Right up my alley. Miss you lots! Love you the most!
    Chelse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crabs, something I don't want from Mexico.

    You better take lots of pictures fishing if you go out. Tell him you got a little brother who has a motorcycle, doesn't mind sleeping on the floor, and doesn't eat as much as you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luke tell them your father in law is a week behind you and loves crabs! Plan to be in Rosarita on Wednesday. Hope we can ride South for a while anyway. Dave

    ReplyDelete