Sunday, February 14, 2010

DAY 10&11 El Socorro to Bay of Las Angeles- 250miles

I made it to a place called the bay of L.A. yesterday around 2pm. I left the comforts of Mike and Shelly's place to find the sun on the Sea of Cortez. Had a beuatiful ride although windy. found a place to camp for 5bucks and went about settin up camp. there ar some dudes from southern California in a place right behind me, next to the beach. really nice guys, invited me over for ceviche and other fixins. one guy runs a catering thing so is great with food. they are there diving and catchin fish for a couple of weeks. we hung out for a while then off to my camp for some needed sleep.

woke up at daybreak and watched the sunrise over the Islands to the east. had cofee and cleaned my self up. read some of my book and then put my gear for fishing to gether. it was calm, and easy casting when i started but soon the wind picked up. I was able to catch quite a few 2-3lbs spotted bay bass. I kept the bigger ones in a bucket to show the guys when they got back from thier dive. then I hooked up a barracuda. about 4lbs and kinda scary. when they got back they were impressed with the barracuda but not the bass. so i let the bass go. the barracuda was fileted and put in the smoker. they came back with some careba,(grouper). a few around 10lbs and one at 26lbs. and a couple of trigger fish, which are suppposed to taste like lobster with a hint of crab. i can't wait to try it.

I am pretty far from any big cities. this place maybe has a few hundred people. a couple of minimarkets, restaurants and hotels. i found a computer in a back room at the market. 15pesos for a half hour. it takes 5minutes for a page to load so it might get expensive. to slow to upload photos too.

I will stay here on more night and then head out to the southwest to another bay were the Grey whales are. thats gonna be sweet! I totaly got sunburned this morning so im nursing that. every thing else is doing good. oh, my chain is acting up again. kinda noisy so i lubed it up and adjusted it again. i hope it lasts long enought to get me back to the states.

im gonna get some produce for dinner and head back out to camp.15minute ride.

later luke

No comments:

Post a Comment