Wednesday, February 3, 2010

DAY 2- Eureka, Ca to Bodega Bay,Ca. 240miles.

Click on pic to see full size.
Last night I was beat. Fell asleep right off at 8:30 and slept deeply till 3am then I really fell asleep. Got up around 8:30, couldn't motivate my self to take a shower, so I just packed up all me wet gear. Oh yeah, I never heard the highway over the noise from the rain. My deodeant(brand new) broke so I couldnmt put it on, now I'm regretting thelack of a shower.
I have to say my cheeks hurt right now from smiling all day today. It was a blast! I have been down the coast in many different vehicles, my moms '78 econoline, my '81 westphalia camper, even a tandem bicycle(I will probably never do that again), and others I am to ashamed of to say that I drove. That being said, the ride today is the winner! What a blast! Its winter so there wasn't any traffic, the sun came out for once I hit the coast and I was able to take off all my wamer gear. I passed more prius today than I ever want to again. Why would you drive a prius down one of the most awsome roads in the world? I know, 100miles to the gallon, who cares? I would rather see porche 911s taking up space on this stretch of highway. That would be sweet! Any one for a 911 caravan down the coast? I would be up for that.

Well to kick off the day I headed south to the hwy junction at legget. Hwy 1 takes you from there up abbout a seven mile hill that Disney could charge a crapload of money to go on if it was theirs. Glad it not cause I can't wait to go again, tons of first gear swooping corners that suck you down into the seat and make you squeel with delight. The redwoods were cool, but I've done it before, so I saw the sights from my seat at 65mph. I love all the broke down touristy stuff like the "tour thru tree" and the biggest tree house in the world, also the bigfoot/woodcarving place all looked like they had seen better days.

The weather held out even after I set up camp. That's nice to not repeat last night, although a storm is brewwing so in the am it could be nasty. I am sittin now on the beach in my sweet Alite chair, drinkin some french press coffee, trying to excite my self enough to go in to Bodega Bay for some fish and chips, they smelled great as I drove past! Tomorrow its on thru San Fran. to Santa Cruz to watch some surfing.
Made a fire later that night. Next to the pit.



Luke

1 comment:

  1. We are enjoying the blog...thanks for the updates! Talia loves seeing little boy unkie Luke on his bike.

    ReplyDelete