Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DAY 9- Rosorito Beach

Well today was very nice. The clouds blew over and left a blue sky behind. It got up to almost 70deg. and felt awesome! Got up did some laundry and wiped down the bike. Made some egg and cheese burritos and watched t.v. Went for a long walk on the beach and into town which is a 10min. walk on the road. There was a river blocking me getting to town on the beach so I had to hike the river to the road. the river isn't usually there. It is from the rain yesterday. I think garbage day in the baja is when it rains you just throw it in the nearest ditch and it washes away. It ends up strewn on the beach. No photo, too gross. Anyways I got to town and bought a couple of things and broke some of my large bills, 200 pesos is like 20 bucks but by the way they look at me you would think I was handing them a hundred dollar bill. Nothing really interesting about the town. Looks more run into the ground than it was in 2006 when I was here with my wife. Maybe all the "bad" publicity the U.S. is putting out thru the media about Mexico is influencing people to stay away. Shame on them. This place needs us. I think that if you can handle a place like,say, Lakewood, Wa, you would do well here. Much safer.

After walking the town, I came back to hang the laundry in the sun. Took some time to repack some things. Then went back to town for lunch on foot. The bike didn't want to go, I think it's tired. Found a little open air taco stand and had some pork tacos and a pork quesidilla. Wonderful. six bucks with a diet coke. Then I found a little market and bought some tangerins, salsa, lime and fresh corn chips. I'll make guacomole later. The walk back was interestin because all the beggers had crossed the street and I had to ruin their day once again. The guys selling women was really putting the pressure on. But He was defeated by my blank stares and brisk walking technique.

Once back at the room I decided to try out the fishing pole I brought. So I geared up and headed back down to the beach. it was so nice, a little breeze and warm. It only took me like 8 casts to get my gear caught and break the line. For me, that doing very good. I resorted to sitting in the sun Alite chair. Comfy!
and taking pictures of things that were on the beach.
This dude is having too much fun!

I went back to the room and started to rearrange stuff on the bike, trying to get someheavy items lower or more to the center of the load. Talked to my Wife on the phone, man I miss her. She is the best! She totaly understand that I'm nuts and do things others won't. I am sometimes sorry for that. But then I look around and smile. Life is great. It would be pretty lame without adventure. Just ask Indiana Jones.

Just pulled into resort, last night, Tuesday at 6pm.

1 comment:

  1. I put the baby arm picture as my desktop background, needless to say, Leah made me change it. Great picture though.

    ReplyDelete